Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let's Talk Vampire Fiction

Hello, everybody. Here's a shout out to the fellow writers with whom I communed during the Low Country Romance Writers' Hermit Week retreat in Charleston this past weekend. A good time was had by all as well as a lot of work done. It was great being with you fine folks!

Hey, y'all, I just got finished with the Stephenie Meyers Twilight trilogy. Wow! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Incredibly romantic, those books made me feel like an angsty teenager again. In a good way! My hat's off to Meyers on a fine series. This is not just for YA, y'all. If you're into romance, check it out. These books manage to be very sexy without having any actual sex.

So what are YOUR fave vamp books (besides the Savannah Chronicles, that is)? For those of you who like gritty realism (as real as you can get with vampires) with a hint of romance, I would suggest the Charlie Huston vampire books "Already Dead" and "No Dominion." And of course I'm a huge fan of L.A. Banks' Vampire Huntress series and anything by Sunny.

Book 4, "The Vampire's Betrayal" available for pre-order
I was VERY excited to see my new cover on Amazon the other day. It's HOT, people! Until I have a chance to get my changes together for my wonderful webmaven, check it out on Amazon. The release date is April 29th, 2008.

October Contest Winner
Congratulations to Dave Brodsky of the Bronx who won the October prize of a black onyx necklace made by yours truly.

11 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Did you really mean book *5*?! :)

November 15, 2007 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

Michelle, you're absolutely right! I'll go out and change that (if I can figure out how). Thanks for the catch!

November 16, 2007 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Mind you, I got excited for a moment there, thinking I had even more to look forward to! lol

November 17, 2007 at 4:39 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Already talking about book 4! I can't wait! The series is just so wonderful I can't wait to read even more of it! More William ^_^ Yay.
Before I read the Savannah Series I was really into The Anita Blake Series. I stopped reading it because it started to go downhill after about the seventh or eighth book. But they are coming out with comics of it that I am buying.
Now my favorite series is your series. Thanks for writing for us ^_^

November 20, 2007 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Rocky said...

Here here! I'm with you, Melissa. Although Jack is my favorite vampire of ALL time, my second favorite series is the Anita Blake early books.

Yes, my preorders are placed and I'm waiting...somewhat patiently.

*grins*

November 22, 2007 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Thanks, guys, you're the greatest! I'm hard at work on book 5 now; I'm pretty sure it's coming out in the summer if I remember correctly.

November 22, 2007 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I just now took a look at the cover for book 4. A little, I know...but you are right...it's sexy. I mean, that is one sexy cover. Makes the wait so unbearable. I can't wait for it to come out.

November 29, 2007 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

Thanks, Melissa!

December 3, 2007 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Can I just say.. Vampire's Betrayal - FANTASTIC! {grin}

Thank you so much for sharing it with me Raven, and Melissa.. get it pre-ordered! LOL

January 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM  
Blogger SycoticReaperMk said...

I Am In Agreement With Michelle and Rocky anita blake was my old favorite series but now i love These characters in your series they make me so giddy for what comes next in the series i cant wait for book # 4 too come out
(>'')> ^_^ <(''<)

March 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

Thanks, guys!

March 10, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home