Monday, October 22, 2007

My Favorite Time of Year

Hello, vampire-fancying friends. I'm in a great mood 'cos it's my favorite time of year. (It's Jack's too. The nights are getting longer, see, and he can get more work and fun done.)

I spent last weekend cycling around Jekyll island and rubbing elbows with the state's finest librarians at the COMO conference. A big shout-out to everyone who was nice enough to buy a book. When I wasn't schmoozing I was bicycling around the island looking at the restored homes of the millionaires who used to live there and other history sites. Jekyll has a quite interesting history, and I might be able to use some of it in upcoming Savannah Vampire Chronicles installments. (Jekyll isn't far from Savannah.)

September Contest Winner
The winner of the vampire bling for September is Pharris White of Kennesaw, Georgia. Congrats!

More Vampire Books
I'm just now reading Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. I got curious about it because it's all the rage with the youngsters and I must say I'm really loving it. VERY romantic.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Hi. I can't wait for Halloween to come around. I'm so excited. I guess I'll have to try again for the contest. All of my friends read Stephanie Meyer's books but I'm the only one who hasn't. I'm worried it's going to be just like every vampire novel out there. I might pick it up.... I hope you're doing well and good luck with everything going on ^_^ Seems like you're having fun so keep it up!

October 22, 2007 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

Thanks, Melissa! I must admit, I've been having fun. I'm going to the N. Ga. mountains for a few days later this week and then I'm going to a writers' retreat on the beach in Charleston. :-)

October 23, 2007 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Ginger Carter Miller said...

Balls out!

October 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 1, 2007 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope Jack enjoyed Halloween! ;)

I have been extremely fortunate to get a preview of book 3, The Vampire's Kiss.. and it was great!

My review is here..
http://bcfreviews.wordpress.com/

Raven, thank you for keeping this great series going. :)

November 2, 2007 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

A big shoutout to Dr. Carter!
Michelle, Jack did indeed enjoy Halloween. He likes to give Trick-or-treaters those wax vampire fangs with lips attached.

November 3, 2007 at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home