Monday, September 10, 2007

Fall is just around the corner. . .

. . . and you know what that means. Halloween! Jack’s favorite holiday. He gets to flash his fangs at passersby and they just assume he’s in costume. Hehe. He likes to scare the dickens out of the Savannah “ghost tour” groups. Hey, Werm is thinking of starting one of those tours. Who better than an actual vampire to tell you all the creepiest stuff about Savannah, eh?

Dragoncon
Dragoncon was fun this year. Got a chance to talk to L.A. Banks, who writes the Vampire Huntress series. She’s a great writer and that’s a terrific series. Check it out if you haven’t already. The first book is “Minion.”
Here’s a shout-out to Julie, a reader and fellow “Highlander” fan, who I met at Dragoncon. I read that Adrian Paul might be a guest at the Romantic Times convention in ’08. Wish I were going, but I guess I’ll miss him.

August Contest Winner
The winner of the vampire jewelry for August is Clare O'Sullivan of East Yorkshire, UK. Congratulations, Clare! I’ll give away the same prize in September. Scroll down to see a photo of the earrings. (The winner will also have his/her choice of necklace or earrings.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I would love to take a tour with Werm. He's funny anyway it would be amusing. I hope to go to Dragoncon next year and maybe I'll be the winner of one of the contest. I love this series so much it would be great to have merchandise from it.

September 25, 2007 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Thanks, Melissa! I hope to see you at Dragoncon also! Maybe I'll come up with a Werm doll one of these days complete with jingly facial piercings. :-)

September 26, 2007 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Hey there, hope you had a great time at M&M.

The idea of Jack walking down River Street flashing his fangs just tickled my funnybone. What a hoot!

Looking forward to The Vampire's Kiss, too. Someone tells me she grinned like an idiot for half a day over the acknowledgment page. Feeling a wee bit jealous here. ;)

October 5, 2007 at 4:56 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Oops! I knew I'd forgotten someone! Sorry about that. Yes, I did have a great time at M&M. Hope you did too.

What's that on your shoulder?

October 5, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

That "thing" on my shoulder is a marmoset. Dunno if you were at the March meeting but there was a petshop convention going on. This woman in the parking lot had what looked like a little vampire puppet on her shoulder....Little did I suspect...until she plopped the bloody thing ON ME.

I hate, hate, hate monkeys,apes-- anything simian. Waay too creepy. That look on my face isn't delight...it's terror.

Then the little rat B@st@rd had the nerve to bite me when I tried to dislodge it!!

October 5, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

Oh, I remember that now! A little vampire puppet that bites. I need one of those!

October 7, 2007 at 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home